Kiri Apple and Cinnamon Cheesecake
Family style cheesecake with a speculoos cookie crust, topped with a vanilla Kiri cream, finished with caramelized green apples
For the Crust
- 175 grams (1 3/4 cup) speculoos cookies
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Cream
- 2 1/2 Kiri Cooking Block
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- 200 ml (7/8 cup) heavy cream
For the Caramelized Apples
- 1 small red apple, cut into slices
- 1 small green apple, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
Preparing the Crust
- 1Place the speculoos cookies in a food processor and crush them until the texture becomes crumbly. Add the melted butter, and mix with a spatula until well combined.
- 2Press the crushed cookies into the bottom of a circular mold (22 cm x 7cm) covered with parchment paper and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool.
Preparing the Cheesecake Cream
- 1In a large bowl, add the Kiri Cooking Block, the granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and cornstarch, and mix all together using an electric egg beater until the mixture becomes smooth.
- 2Add the eggs one at a time and continue mixing on low speed until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- 3Add the heavy cream and continue mixing until well combined. (it is possible to blend the cheesecake batter for smoother texture and lump free).
- 4Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust and spread it evenly.
- 5Bake the cheesecake in a preheated oven at 180C (356F) for 45 minutes, or until the center is almost set and golden brown.
- 6Remove the baked cheesecake cream from the oven and leave it to cool at room temperature for at least 1 hour, then cover it with a plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
Preparing the Caramelized Apples
- 1In a large pan over medium heat, add butter and light brown sugar, then cook for 1 minute until combined and a soft caramel is obtained.
- 2Add the apple slices to the caramel and leave them to caramelize for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, add the cinnamon, mix, and allow to cool.
- 1Top the cheesecake with the caramelized apple slices. Serve.