Eggplant Gratin Stuffed with Cheese and Herbs
Layers of grilled eggplant with a Kiri cheese filling and herbs
For the Gratin
- 16 Kiri Square Portions
- 2 pieces of eggplant, sliced and grilled
- 1 tbsp of grated lemons
- 3 tbsps of parsley
- 3 tbsps of coriander
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- 2 tbsps of olive oil
- 1 minced onion
- 1 1/2 cup tomato juice
- Sprinkle of Black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 tsp black Pepper
Preparing the Gratin
- 1Prepare the sauce by placing a pot on the fire, pour a little olive oil, then add the chopped onion and fry well.
- 2Add the tomato juice and season with salt, black pepper and nutmeg and let it cook.
- 3In a bowl, prepare the cheese filling by mixing Kiri Square Portions with the chopped herbs and lemon zest, then season with a dash of pepper and nutmeg.
- 4Separate each slice of eggplant, and fill it with two tablespoons of the cheese filling.
- 5Roll them well and then place them in the oven tray.
- 6Pour the prepared tomato sauce and decorate with grated mozzarella.
- 7Bake at a medium temperature for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- 8Garnish with pomegranate seeds and fried pine nuts. Enjoy!