Creamy Kiri Cannelloni
Savory cannelloni, filled with Kiri Square Portions and herbs, served in a Kiri white sauce
For the Pasta
- 200g dried Cannelloni pasta
200g dried Cannelloni pasta
- For the Filling
For the Filling
- 28 Kiri Square Portions
- tbsp. olive oil
- 30g butter
- 100g fresh oregano, washed drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 165g mozzarella cheese (finely grated)
For the White Sauce
- 17 Kiri Square Portions
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 150ml milk
- 65g Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- Salt and pepper
Preparing the Filling
- 1In a pan, warm the oil and butter over a medium heat and sauter the garlic until fragrant. Add the oregano and cook gently until completely wilted.
- 2Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- 3In a bowl, mix the garlic oregano with the Kiri cheese, milk and mozzarella cheese until fully combined.
- 4Fill a piping bag with the mix and then snip off the end, then use it to fill the cannelloni shells.
To Prepare the White Sauce
- 1In a bowl, beat the Kiri cheese, Italian seasoning and milk together until smooth.
- 2Mix in the Parmesan cheese with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 1Grease a large roasting tray, then pour some of the white sauce into the base and spread evenly.
- 2Lay the cannelloni on top in a single layer.
- 3Pour the white sauce all over, aiming for an even coating that should just cover the pasta.
- 4Bake at 200 degrees for 20-30 minutes depending on if you like your cannelloni saucy or firm.
- 5Garnish with oregano fresh leaves and serve.