Chicken Curry by Um Taleb
A hearty curry dish of chicken and vegetables with a creamy Kiri sauce
For the Curry
- 7 Kiri Square Portions
- 5 boneless skinned chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- ½ cup of liquid cream
- ½ cup of mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup of red, green, and yellow peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp of curry paste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ tbsp of turmeric
- 1 tbsp of garam masala
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Black pepper
Preparing the Curry
- 1Season the chicken with pepper, garam masala, cumin and turmeric. Then let it sit for 30 minutes.
- 2Fry the onion in vegetable oil.
- 3Add the ginger, curry, peppers and sliced mushrooms.
- 4Add the chicken gradually and cook on both sides.
- 5Mix the coconut milk, cream,the Kiri squares and chicken stock in the blender.
- 6Add the mixture to the chicken and let it simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.