Cheese Doughnuts with Sundried Tomatoes and Thyme
Savory donuts served with a flavorful Kiri dip
For the Dip
- 20 Kiri Square Portions
- 2 tbsp of green olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp of green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp of sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp of green thyme, chopped
- ½ tbsp of salt
For the Doughnuts
- 150g of butter
- 5 cups of flour
- 5 tbsps of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsps of baking yeast
- 2 tbsps of onion powder
- ¼ tbsp of salt
- 1 cup milk
Preparing the Doughnuts
- 1 Dissolve the sugar and yeast in a cup of warm milk.
- 2Add the dry ingredients, eggs and butter and mix well.
- 3Leave the dough aside for 1 hour to rise.
- 4Spread the dough in a circle on a floured surface.
- 5Cut circles into the dough and leave the circles to rise for an additional 15 minutes.
- 6Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the donuts.
- 7Mix the Kiri Square Portions in a blender.
- 8Add the olives, thyme, sundried tomatoes, green onions and salt.
- 9Serve this creamy dip with the donuts.