Berry Cheesecake Galette by Ghofran
A flaky galette with a vanilla flavored Kiri creme and raspberries
For the Dough
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- ¼ cup of cold water
- 110g of cold butter
- 1 tsp of white vinegar
- 3 tbsps of granulated sugar
- ½ tsp of salt
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 14 Kiri Square Portions
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
For the Raspberry Layer
- ½-2 cups of raspberries
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 tsps of corn starch
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
For the Topping
- 1 egg, beaten (egg-wash)
- Brown sugar
Preparing the Cheesecake Galette
- 1To prepare the dough, mix all the dry ingredients together, then rub the butter using your hands. (Do not mix it).
- 2Add water and vinegar to the dough, and mix it (No kneading required).
- 3Cover the mix with cling film and place it in the freezer for 30-60mins.
- 4In a stand mixer, add the Kiri Square Portions with the sugar, until the sugar dissolves. Add eggs, vanilla and lemon juice to the mix, and set it aside.
- 5In a clean bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in lemon juice, mix it with the raspberries and sugar, then set it aside.
- 6Preheat your oven to 200 Degrees Celsius. Roll the dough on a floured surface to a rough square that is 1/2 cm thick. Transfer it into a baking tray covered with baking paper. Spread the cheesecake filling and top it with the raspberries’ mixture. Fold the dough inwards, and pinch it to seal the edges.
- 7Brush the dough with egg-wash and sprinkle it with brown sugar. Bake it for 20-25 seconds, then broil it until golden.
- 8Once it’s ready, remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool completely. Then cut it so that it is ready to be served.