Beef Samosa with Kiri Cheese
Savory samosas stuffed with Kiri square portions, and ground beef
For the Beef Samosa
- 6 Kiri Square Portions
- Traditional samosa dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 300 grams (10.5 oz) ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 egg yolk + 1 teaspoon white vinegar
Preparing the Beef Filling
- 1In a medium bowl, add the Kiri cheese portions and press them using a spatula until the texture becomes smooth and creamy.
- 2In a pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, the onion, and stir for 2 minutes until it becomes soft.
- 3Add the ground meat, salt, pepper, and stir for 10 minutes until the meat is cooked.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat and mix the ground meat with the mixed Kiri portions.
- 5Add the fresh mint and chopped walnuts to the ground meat mixture, mix and set aside.
Assembling the Samosas
- 1Cut the samosa dough into medium circles of 12 cm in diameter, place a full tablespoon of the beef and Kiri cheese filling mixture in the center of the dough and fold into a half moon shape with braided edges.
- 2Place the shaped half moon samosas in an oven sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 3In a small bowl, mix the egg yolk and white vinegar, and brush the samosa's surface.
- 4Bake the samosas in a preheated oven at 180C (356F) for 30 minutes until golden brown.