Arabic Lady Fingers with Kiri®
“For the Kiri® Cheese Filling
- 30 Kiri® Square Portions
- 20 slices white bread
- 85g butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 100g walnuts, finely chopped
For the garnish
- 8 tablespoons honey
- 50g walnuts, chopped”
“Prepare the Kiri® Cheese Filling
- Slice off the edges from the bread slices.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the bread slices to 3mm thickness.
- Place the Kiri® square portions in a bowl and mash them with a fork until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add one tablespoon of the Kiri® cheese mixture to each bread slice, lightly sprinkle the cheese with cinnamon and add 1/4 teaspoon of finely chopped walnuts.
- Roll the bread tightly. Tightly wrap each roll in plastic wrap, and freeze for 30 minutes.
Bake the Kiri® Lady Fingers
- Place the lady fingers on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Brush them with melted butter and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dip both ends of the warm lady fingers in honey and cover them with chopped walnuts. Serve warm!”