Kiri Jar from Lama
- 16 Kiri® square portions
- ¼ chopped parsley
- ¼ cup green pepper
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup of chopped black olives
- Spoon love pool Spoon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp thyme
- Black pepper
- Crushed red pepper
- ¼ tbsp hot red pepper
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- Mix all ingredients, and place them in a mason jar and refrigerate.
Kiri brownies by Um Bassam
- 10 Kiri® square portions
- 100g butter
- 125g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 200g brown sugar
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 50g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Combine the butter, chocolate and sugar in a medium saucepan and stir over medium heat until the chocolate and butter have melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the eggs.
- Add flour, cocoa and baking powder, then stir until well combined. Pour into a greased cheesecake tin.
- Mix the Kiri squares and the brown sugar in a blender until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon randomly over chocolate mixture and swirl it with the tip of a knife. Bake at 180 °C, for 35 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
Kiri Fava (fool) Beans
- 1 canned skinless Fava beans can (fool)
- 2 skinless diced tomatoes
- 6pcs Kiri® Cubes
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 diced onions
- ½ bell pepper diced
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- olive oil
- Cook onions, bell pepper, garlic, ginger, salt and cook till soft.
- Add tomatoes, cumin, coriander powder, tomato paste, fava beans, smash lightly, and cook 5-10 minutes.
- In another pot, melt Kiri with a little hot wate for Kiri mix.
- Turn of heat on fava Beans, add lemon, Kiri mix, cilantro and olive oil.
Kiri Fatteh Magali
- 4 Kiri® Squares
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp lemon
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- Green coriander
- Mix well Kiri SP with yogurt and mayonnaise, add lemon and hot sauce, then season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl place fried eggplant, cauliflower, bell pepper and half the fried onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Take some of the cheese mixture and add to it cumin, paprika and chopped coriander to season the fried vegetables.
- In a serving dish, place the fried bread, and top it with the fried and seasoned vegetables, then cover it with the sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and fried almonds with the rest of the fried onion and paprika.
- Bon appetit!
Kiri Cupcake by Amal
- 10 Kiri® square portions
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar or 5 Stevia envelopes
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 ½ cup of flour mixed with a spoon of baking powder
- 3 Kiri® square portions to decorate
- Mix the liquid ingredients with the sugar.
- Add Kiri square portions, milk and mix the flour with the baking powder.
- Set up a cupcake tray and decorate it with Kiri square portions and thyme.
- Place the tray in the oven for 20 minutes or more.
- Keep it in the oven until crisp.
Kiri beef pie by Ghada El Tally
- 4 Kiri® square portions
- 500 g beef fillet cut into strips
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 cups mushroom
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pack puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions until golden.
- Add the beef and garlic. Once cooked, add the mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes, then add the cooking cream and Kiri portions.
- Add rosemary, lemon zest and seasoning.
- Place the mixture on bottom pie crust. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits on the top to allow steam to escape.
- Egg wash the pastry and bake at 200 degrees C for 30 minutes.
Kiri Basbousa and Orange Jam
- 1 cup of semolina
- 1 cup of grinded coconut
- 1 cup of yogurt
- ½ cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 spoon of Orange blossom water
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of orange juice
- 1 spoon of lemon juice
- 1 spoon of rose water
- 6 Kiri® pieces
- 1 spoon of orange jam
- ½ cup of grinded pistachio
- 1 spoon of Rose water
Instructions to prepare sugar syrup:
- Add orange juice and sugar to a saucepan.
- Place the pan on high temperature to melt the sugar and boil the mixture decrease the temperature and leave the mixture to rest for around 8 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and the rose water.
- Leave the mixture aside to cool down.
Instructions to prepare the filling:
- Add 6 pieces of kiri to a bowl and mash them well using a fork.
- Add the pistachio, the jam, and the rose water and stir well.
Instructions to prepare Kiri Basbousa and Orange Jam:
- In a big bowl, mix the semolina, coconut, yogurt, melted butter, baking powder, salt, and rose water.
- Stir well.
- Using a brush, we add some tihini to all the sides of the oven trays.
- We distribute the semolina in the trays equally with the filling in between.
- Leave them for about half an hour.
- Put the trays in the oven under a medium temperature for 20 to 25 minutes or till golden.
- After you take it out of the oven, pour the cold syrup directly to absorb it.
- Decorate it with grinded pistachio. It is served with ice cream.
- 24 Kiri® squares
- 300 g mixture of lamb and beef (minced)
- 2 ½ cups rice
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup red lentils (split)
- 200 g leek
- 50 g dill
- 1 beef stock
- 50 g wild thyme (dried)
- 200 g parsley
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the meat in oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, add the rice and lentils, and mix while on heat.
- Add water and the beef stock and cook until well done.
- Mix the meat with rice, lentils, leeks, coriander, thyme and eggs in a food processor.
- Create little balls using this mixture and stuff them with the Kiri squares. Place them on an oven tray.
To make the sauce:
- Mix 12 Kiri squares with 5 cups of water.
- Add oil, turmeric, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the kafta croquettes and cook in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 20 minutes.
Fresh fruit brulée by Um Hiba
- 10 Kiri® squares
- 200g mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 100g low fat crème fraiche (fresh cream)
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- Divide the fruits between 4 ramekin dishes.
- In a blender, mix Kiri and fresh cream (crème fraiche) together.
- Spoon the Kiri mix over the fruits and refrigerate it for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Take the ramekins out of the fridge and sprinkle it with a thick layer of brown sugar over the Kiri mixture.
- Put the ramekins on a baking tray and place it under a pre-heated hot grill for 2-3 minutes until the sugar starts bubbling and turns golden. Carefully remove from the oven.
Freekah Shrimp Risotto
- ¼ cup diced carrots
- ¼ cup diced celery stalk
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup half boiled freekeh
- 5 large sliced mushrooms
- 5 medium grilled shrimps
- 1 ½ cups seafood stock
- 4 Kiri® squares
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- In a wide skillet heat oil and sauté the mushrooms until they brown
- Remove from pan and set aside
- Add olive oil if needed and sauté carrots until tender
- Add the celery and stir, season with salt and pepper
- Bring back the mushrooms to the pan then add the freekeh
- In the blender blend the Kiri with half a cup of seafood stock
- Stir and gradually add the stock stirring continuously
- Before it becomes dry add the Kiri blend stock
- Allow to simmer uncovered until all the liquids evaporate
- Serve topped with grilled shrimps and parmesan cheese