- 1 cup of semolina
- 1 cup of grinded coconut
- 1 cup of yogurt
- ½ cup of butter
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 spoon of Orange blossom water
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of orange juice
- 1 spoon of lemon juice
- 1 spoon of rose water
- 6 Kiri® pieces
- 1 spoon of orange jam
- ½ cup of grinded pistachio
- 1 spoon of Rose water
Instructions to prepare sugar syrup:
- Add orange juice and sugar to a saucepan.
- Place the pan on high temperature to melt the sugar and boil the mixture decrease the temperature and leave the mixture to rest for around 8 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and the rose water.
- Leave the mixture aside to cool down.
Instructions to prepare the filling:
- Add 6 pieces of kiri to a bowl and mash them well using a fork.
- Add the pistachio, the jam, and the rose water and stir well.
Instructions to prepare Kiri Basbousa and Orange Jam:
- In a big bowl, mix the semolina, coconut, yogurt, melted butter, baking powder, salt, and rose water.
- Stir well.
- Using a brush, we add some tihini to all the sides of the oven trays.
- We distribute the semolina in the trays equally with the filling in between.
- Leave them for about half an hour.
- Put the trays in the oven under a medium temperature for 20 to 25 minutes or till golden.
- After you take it out of the oven, pour the cold syrup directly to absorb it.
- Decorate it with grinded pistachio. It is served with ice cream.